Constituent Service is and always has been my priority. There are many different services that my office provides and I invite you to take advantage of the services. Listed below are examples of how my staff and I can be of assistance. As always, if I can be of assistance please do not hesitate to contact my office.
- Providing assistance with problems you may encounter when dealing with State government and its agencies.
- Answering questions about State government or specific legislation.
- Keeping you updated on various legislative and community issues that come forth during the legislative session and interim.
- Attending community meetings and/or events to listen to concerns or speak on certain topics of interest to your organization.
- Obtaining a Senatorial Citation, Senate Resolution, and/or Governor’s Proclamation that recognizes noteworthy accomplishments.
- Taking into consideration your views on pending State legislation.
Senatorial Scholarships are available for students enrolled/enrolling in an in State college or graduate school, or an out of State unique major. The Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) oversees the Senatorial Scholarship process. In order to be eligible for a Senatorial Scholarship students must reside in legislative district 32 and properly complete a FAFSA application by March 1st for each year they are applying for a Senatorial Scholarship. Each year, in early April, MHEC will forward to my office a list of students that meet these criteria. Based on this information my office will send out a Senatorial Scholarship Application to every student on the list. Students can expect to receive the application by mid April and should be prepared to complete the application and mail it back to my office along with their most recent official transcript by the deadline included in the application instructions. Generally speaking, students will have about 2-3 weeks to return this information to my office. Once the deadline passes my scholarship committee will review the applications and select the scholarship recipients. In mid-late June all applicants will receive a letter informing them of the outcome.
Click here to see detailed a map of the 32nd Legislative District